Jan. 2017 — Present
Digital Marketing + Brand Strategy
The digital revolution has swept through entire industries like a Bengali typhoon, clearing the way for organizations to either adapt and thrive or maintain the status quo and perish. While many companies are skeptical to make changes based on data compiled from the digital storm, the benefits of a customer-centric and data-driven marketing strategy will quickly become crystal clear.
The dynamic between buyers/sellers has forever changed: customers can now tell you exactly what they want via technology. By collecting and interpreting data, I develop brand strategies and digital marketing campaigns that grow bottom lines. In a nutshell, I listen and build direct communication lines between businesses and customers.
- Website design and development companies in New York City and London
- A New York Times best-selling author (publisher: Simon & Schuster)
- An e-commerce company based in Los Angeles, CA
- Software development companies in New York City and Kolkata
- A content marketing agency in Austin, Texas
- A financial banking institution based in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Professional service firms (accounting and legal) in the NYC tri-state area
Nov. 2014 — Jan. 2017
Sr. Marketing Manager, Content + Brand Strategy
Vivial is a SaaS-based marketing solution that equips local businesses with the necessary tools to reach customers across the web. The high-quality content my department developed influenced all aspects of the customer journey, from the identification and discovery phases to becoming (and staying) a paying customer who advocates for Vivial based on their success.
- Worked in tandem with senior leadership to translate organizational goals into dynamic marketing campaigns that delivered measurable results.
- Managed content calendars for multiple stakeholders (sales, business development, and resellers) and oversaw all content creation (thought-leadership articles, blog posts, e-books, white papers, case studies, webinars, videos, and proprietary research studies).
- Nurtured and guided prospects through to conversion using marketing automation software setup to deliver custom content for different touch-points.
- Redesigned and optimized websites, social media pages/posts, and email campaigns to increase SERP rankings and conversion rates for high-value keywords.
- Created and executed account-based marketing campaigns to capitalize on approved supplier status with franchisors, such as EXIT Realty and the International Franchise Association.
- Supported large partnership initiatives and provided digital marketing and content expertise to Google, Communifi (Cablevision and ShopKeep), CenturyLink, Frontier, Clover (FirstData), iPayments, and Yext.
- Leveraged our large content library as a competitive differentiator for partnership development and to positively influencing existing customer relationships (retention tactic).
Feb. 2012 — Aug. 2014
Sr. Marketing Manager
Crain’s New York Business provides leaders in the business community with the news and information to navigate the ever-changing NYC landscape. Key industries included: real estate, technology, professional services, small business, and non-profits. I worked cross-functionally with ad sales, circulation, and the newsroom to ensure each met their goals for print, digital, and events.
- Responsible for all integrated marketing strategies and initiatives (content, digital, events, mobile, partnerships, print, research, and social).
- Spearheaded custom content initiative to help meet sales targets by tapping into client budget lines separate from advertising.
- Oversaw all content creation, marketing and promotion for the Crain’s Custom Studio (department revenue: 2012 – $200K; revenue 2014 – $1.4MM).
- Built and maintained a digital library of modern sales assets for the ad sales department (media kit, sell and fact sheets, emails, videos, RFP guides).
Jan. 2011 — Feb. 2012
SourceMedia is a B2B publishing house with award-winning titles that are read by senior-level executives in professional service industries. I managed all marketing activities for the Banking Group, which included American Banker (the flagship publication), Bank Technology News, and Credit Union Journal.
- Created a new revenue stream by incorporating a paid sponsorship opportunity into an existing circulation/audience development lead generation program (it was sold to Discover Financial).
- Worked closely with the EVP and Chief Content Officer on re-branding and re-positioning American Banker to better meet the post-Dodd-Frank needs of financial service professionals, which included:
- Developing and executing reader research surveys.
- Translating research insights into actionable direction for product design and development (print, website, newsletters, and mobile app).
- Crafting copy to articulately convey the strengths of the “refreshed” brand to key investors and stakeholders; and communications campaigns for both advertisers and readers.
- Designed, conducted, and analyzed ad recall surveys and website and app UX/UI panels.
- Organized and represented the Banking Group at industry trade shows and conferences.
Aug. 2009 — Jan. 2011
Giving students and professionals an edge in a competitive world, the Publishing division of Kaplan provides study aids and test prep materials in formats that are proven to increase success.
- Equipped the Simon & Schuster sales and distribution teams, brick and mortar retailers, and new entrants to the digital arena with the materials needed to expand Kaplan’s footprint in the print market.
- Created, implemented, and managed GRE direct marketing campaigns (incl. radio and outdoor ads) on North American college campuses (budget: $100K).
- Worked with digital accounts (Apple, Kobo, Kindle, etc.) on marketing plans for e-books.
- Managed all paid promotion, including co-op advertising and special retail promotions.
- Created a new recurring revenue stream by developing and launching a mass market product line for Walmart (later expanded into Target and Costco).
- Collaborated with other Kaplan divisions (Pre-College, GRE/GMAT, MCAT/LSAT, USLME, Medical, Nursing, and Kaplan University) to optimize marketing campaigns and budgets.